Sharla Dawn Gorder

Writer – Speaker

Buy The Book HERE

© Jem Sullivan

Buy the book!  Yes, today’s the day!  I wonder who will be first to put their order in!

For the next six weeks, y’all will have the opportunity to reserve your signed copy or copies of my new book, My Vices Collide, a Celebration of Being a Little Messed Up, a collection of funny, inspirational stories about being all things to all people at all times, and failing beautifully.  It’s the story of my life and probably yours!

The books will be delivered to you on or around the debut date—October 1st, 2016.

For now, the book is available to pre-order, only on this website, Sharladawn.com.  I will keep you posted—here on my website, on my personal Facebook page (Sharla Gorder), and on my new author Facebook page (Sharla Dawn Gorder @SharlaDawnAuthor)—about other places to buy the book once it is released on October 1st.

I will also keep you posted about fun promotions and specials.  Like this one:

Sign up to follow this blog, and be automatically entered to win one of the crazy-groovy custom-made My Vices Collide coffee cup/wine glasses pictured above, inspired by the first sentence of my book, “My Vices have always collided—right there in the middle of my day when I’d suddenly be forced to stop drinking coffee so that I could start drinking wine…”  Ha!  (I eliminated Vice #2 from my extensive list of compulsions a few years ago, but I’m clinging mightily to my coffee obsession—and I do still run with scissors.)Kelly and me cup glass on railing

These cups were custom-designed and hand-crafted by Priscilla Clark of Pensacola Beach.  I gave her the concept and told her to run with it, and oh, my!  She’s brilliant and talented and a woman after my own heart.  So creative!  I’ll be giving away these “limited edition” treasures throughout the rest of the year.  Please stay connected for your chance to win.  (Oh, and anyone hosting a book-signing or book club event will be getting one as well.  Contact me at Sharla@gorder.com right away if you’re interested, and we’ll add you to the calendar.)

The first cup was awarded to Kelly Elliot—pictured with me in the photos—for being my most supportive blog follower (and friend). She has commented on and/or shared nearly every story I have posted this year.  I do believe that she is the most reliable friend I have ever had, and I adore her.  I am so blessed to have such “Big Love” in my life.  Thank you, Kelly.

The second cup will be awarded on September first.  You can have as many as three chances to win (no purchase necessary) by doing one or all of the following:

1. Sign up to follow me on my blog (Sharladawn.com). If you have already done so, you are already automatically entered in the drawing.  If not, all you have to do is enter your email address at the prompt on the bottom or right of this post that says, “Sign up for a new story every week.”  You will get a verification email immediately.  (If you don’t, please check your junk/spam folder.)

2. You’ll get another entry for commenting on this story here on my website in the box that says, “Leave a Reply” after the post. If you don’t know what to say, just tell me your favorite coffee blend or wine varietal—what you intend to put in your cup/glass when you win.   Ha!

3. You can get a third entry by sharing this post with your Facebook friends before September 1st. Help me spread the word!

Now, click on the “SHOP” button on the top right corner of this page or in the “Menu” drop-down list (hand-held devices), and you will be directed to the page that will allow you to pre-order your very own signed copy (or copies—buy three, get one free) of my book, to be delivered to you on or around October 1st.  Wow.  This is really happening.

Y’all made me believe I could do this.

So I did.

Thanks.

(P.S.  If you’re taking advantage of the buy-three-get-one-free deal, for quantity, enter the number ONE, not FOUR.  You will get ONE quantity of FOUR books–unless you want 16 books.  That’s cool too!  Also, if you want any special inscriptions written in the books, you can email me with any special requests.)

15 thoughts on “Buy the Book Already!”

1. Caroline says:

I am so proud and excited for you I’ve ordered my three copies and I know I’ll enjoy all three of them haha. And the more I think about it I may have to order 3 more for Christmas gifts!

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Ah, but you’ll actually get four copies! Such a deal. You are my second customer! Thank you so much!!!

2. Linda Bonn says:

Can’ t wait! Salivating, ever since you read the excerpts!

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Aw, thanks, Linda. I’m so excited too. A little nervous, of course, but enthusiasm like yours helps keep me motivated. Thank you.

3. cheryl zimmerman says:

Ordered the 3 for 4 and cant wait I think they will make great Christmas presents for the messed up others in my life also. Love your class and all who are part of this great journey of yours.

4. Kelly Elliott " Big love " says:

I’ve ordered my 3 for 4!!! I can’t wait to share the love ! I want everyone to enjoy the Sharshee stories I know ! So blessed to call you my best friend . God truly outdid Himself when He made you . Love you BIG!

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Thanks, Kel. Couldn’t have done it without you!

5. Denae says:

I’ve been anxiously waiting and just completed my purchase. Thank you, Sharla, for sharing your amazing gift of writing and life experiences with us! I can’t wait to read it!

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Aw, thanks, Denae. Your enthusiasm has meant so much to me throughout this process.

6. Lisa says:

I so look forward to your enchanting & hilarious stories every week! I too have ordered the 3 for 4 and can’t wait to share your book with my dear friends. I wish you much success!!!

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Aw, thank you so much, Lisa. I hope you enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed writing it–but that it doesn’t take as long. Ha! I’m so happy that I’ve finally put it all out there, and that it is being so well received.

7. Roswitha Hutson ( former Johnston) says:

Dear Sharla,
    First I want to tell you that you have not changed a bit since our Pan Am day, you look fantastic.
    I have been reading all your blogs and enjoyed them very much. You have such great talent for writing. Many times when I read your blogs, it makes me stop and think about my life’s hang ups and what I should do to change some things.
    Anyway, I would love to buy your book and I would even love it more if you signed it. I can’t order it right now, as we are moving from Big Bear down to San Pedro, hopefully by September 13th. Until everything is signed and we have the keys in our hand, I don’t really have an address. So I will take care of it once we have moved.
    Keep writing and keep the blogs coming. Hugs, Roswitha

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Aw, thanks, Roswitha! So wonderful to reconnect. I hope to connect in person after the new year. I’m going to spend some time out west, probably in February or March. I’ll reserve your copy of the book!

8. Roswitha Hutson ( former Johnston) says:

It’s me again, I love the beautiful cup/ glass. The cup will be filled with steaming hot strong coffee in the morning and of course the wine glass will be filled with my favorite wine to enjoy at the end of the day and sunset.

1. Sharla Dawn says:

Ah. I’m drinking my Sumatra blend java out of my groovy little “wiffee cup” this morning! Ha!